In this study, you will learn the joy and value of Inductive Study that will help you discover truth for yourself when you read and study God’s Holy Word. Kay Arthur writes, “Inductive Bible study draws you into personal interaction with the Scriptures and thus with the God of the Scriptures so that your beliefs are based on a prayerful understanding and legitimate interpretation of Scripture–truth that transforms you when you live by it.”
Inductive Bible Study involves three major skills:
- OBSERVATION: What does the Scripture say?
- INTERPRETATION: What does the Scripture mean?
- APPLICATION: What does the Scripture mean to me personally, and how can I apply it to my life?
You will learn how to mark key repeated words using colored pens or pencils which are essential to unlocking the meaning of the passage when you observe the text. By asking the 5 W’s and H questions: (who, what, when, where, why, and how), will help you broaden your Bible study skills by meditating on God’s truths and applying His truths to your daily life. Your Bible study experience will never be the same.
- WEEK 1 – If you Want to know God’s Word: The Joy and Value of Inductive Study (pages 7 to 13)
- WEEK 2 – The Rule of Context: Getting the Big Picture (pages 17 to 39)
- WEEK 3 – Focusing in on the Details: The Search for Meaning (pages 41-66)
- WEEK 4 – It’s all Greek to Me!Let Scripture Interpret Scripture (pages 67 to 76)
- WEEK 5 – The When, Where, and Why Let’s Figure it Out (pages 77 to 84)
- WEEK 6 – When One Thing Represents Another Unraveling Revelation (pages 85-99)
- WEEK 7 – God’s Revelation of Himself Getting the Point Across (pages 101 to 119)
- WEEK 8 – The Transformed Life Outlining–Just the Bare Facts (pages 123 to 140)
- WEEK 9 – Studying Topically by Subject Character Studies–Learning from the Lives of Others (pages 141 to 148)
- WEEK 10 – Structuring (pages 149 to 154)
WHERE TO FIND THE “HOW TO STUDY YOUR BIBLE” BOOK:
- Order your How to Study Your Bible by Kay Arthur, David Arthur and Pete DeLacy from Amazon. It is available in the Kindle format or paperback book when you CLICK HERE
- Optional but not required due to cost. Order the companion workbook “How to Study Your Bible” from Amazon which provides exercises for practicing the skills you are learning. You can order the workbook when you CLICK HERE
Lead by Nancy Sapp
For more information, please contact Nancy Sapp at firstname.lastname@example.org.